Privacy & Cookies Polices
Effective Date: November, 17th 2020
Information You Provide to Us
The types of personal information you may provide to us when you visit our Site or use our App include:
- Contact and biographical information, such as name, email, telephone number, birthdate, and profile picture;
- Login credentials to access the Site or App, such as your username and password;
- Screen captures that may contain photographs, videos and audio;
- Santa personalization info, including your face geometry (so that the Santa filter can track your face movements);
- Purchase and transaction history;
- Location data, such as data derived from your IP address, country, state, street and/or zip code;
- History of calls made using the Site or App;
- Contact information you provide about friends or other people you may want us to contact, such as via your Facebook or other social media friends list and/or friends requests, and your phone contacts list;
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you provide responses to our surveys, contests or promotions, or otherwise communicate with us, such as via the “Feedback” feature.
Our “Memories” feature enables users to view screenshots and recordings of video calls (including audio) that are made between two separate instances of the App. Calls received using an Internet browser are not recorded. We inform our App users about how they may identify when a call is being recorded with your express consent (e.g., through use of a video camera icon or “Rec” symbol). If you accept the call to be recorded, we may use the screen captures and recordings to promote the App and Site. You may decide not to be recorded anymore by choosing not to place or accept a call.
Automated Collection of Information
When you visit our Site and App, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and other information about your online activities on the Site and App, such as app and/or screen time, dates and times of use, and browsing actions and usage patterns.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A web beacon (also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site or App.
Please take a minute to read and understand this Cookies Policy.
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document stored on your computer/other device (and maintained by your browser), and often includes a randomized unique identifier so that our Website can ‘recognize’ this cookie again. They guarantee websites’ functioning or improve the browsing, and also supply certain information to the owners of these websites, in particular in terms of audience measurement.
Cookies do not cause any damage to the terminal, but make it easier, for example, to find preferences, pre-fill certain fields and adapt the content of the services on the site visited. Such data allows the improvement of ergonomics and services according to your interests.
- What kind of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
Information collected through cookies help us to analyze the use of the Website and to enable us to offer users a better experience when visiting the Website. We will only keep cookies for as long as necessary to achieve the relevant purposes set out in this Cookies Policy, notably for marketing and statistical purposes.
Generally-speaking, we use 1st and 3rd-party sessions and persistent cookies. The cookies set by us are called "1st-party cookies" and the cookies set by our third-party partners and service providers are called "3rd-party cookies."
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you close your web browser. Many session cookies are essential to make our Website work correctly, as they typically enable you to move around our Website and use our features.
Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser or until you manually delete it (for the former, how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or "lifetime" of the specific cookie and your browser settings). Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user of our Website, so it’s easier and convenient to return to our Website or interact with our Services without signing in again. In addition, persistent cookies also help us recognize you when you view a resource belonging to our Website from another website or app (such as an advertisement) and help us record information about your web browsing habits during the lifetime of the persistent cookie.
- Cookies used
Essential Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary for our Website to function properly and ensure our Services are accessible to you (e.g., log-in functionality, load balancing, navigation, filling in forms). The Website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies: Preference cookies enable us to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic Cookies: Statistic cookies enable us to understand how visitors interact with our Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing Cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across our Website. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Social media cookies: Our Website incorporates functionality from third-party sites, including certain social networks. These features may sometimes be accompanied by scripts or other features that read and sometimes place cookies from these social networks on your device. These cookies can be used to personalize advertising messages. Although we have no access to these cookies, nor any control over these social networks which are responsible for their own processing, nor to the data they collect including in the context of a data transfer outside the European Union when some of them are located in the United States, we have deemed it essential to mention them so that you have clear and complete information that their use may, if necessary, require that you give your consent. For additional information, please refer to the list of potential social network cookies below:
Instagram: the following Instagram features can be integrated into our Website and may read or place Instagram cookies:
- Sign in to Instagram (which allows the user to sign in to their Instagram account and interact with our Website through that account);
- Share and follow on Instagram (which allows the user to share with others an item on Instagram).
- Click here to get information on Instagram’s cookies
Facebook: the following Facebook features can be integrated into our Website and may read or place Facebook cookies:
- Sign in to Facebook (which allows the user to sign in to their Facebook account and interact with our Website through that account);
- Share on Facebook (which allows the user to share with others an item on Facebook)
- Click here to get information on Facebook’s cookies
- Can I manage my preferences on cookies?
You have the option to configure your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to never accept cookies. However, the latter option may result in some personalized services not being provided and, as a result, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features offered by the Site. If you do not wish to receive cookies in general or only to refuse certain cookies, you can change your browser settings accordingly.
Instructions to this effect are provided each browser’s website:
For Internet Explorer:
For any other browser not mentioned above, the user should not hesitate to consult the cookie management help information available on the Website.
You can also visit the below link for an overview of how to block or delete cookies on the most common browsers: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Contact us
Please see below for a list of the cookies used on this Website.
For any further queries or information related to this Cookies Policy, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Cookies Policy.”
Description: This cookie is set by Segment.io to check the number of ew and returning visitors to the website.
Duration: 1years 19days 23hours 50minutes
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our products and services to you. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- Create, manage and communicate with you about your Enchant Santa Calls account. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- Send you newsletters and other email communications. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
- Process and communicate with you about orders and payment transactions. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- Provide customer support and respond to your inquiries. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- Administer your participation in surveys, contests, promotions or other programs. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
- Promote the App and Site using your screen captures and recordings. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
- Offer coupons, promotions or other discounts. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
- Customize your experience with our Site and App. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site and App. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- Perform data analytics, and monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site and App. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- Develop new products and services and enhancing and improving our products and services. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- Perform business activities and for other internal purposes, such as operating, evaluating and improving our Site and App and performing data analytics. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest
- For accounting, auditing or other internal functions. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legal obligation; and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third party analytics services on our Site and App, such as Google Analytics, Segment, Facebook, and native Apple analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the Site and App. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
- By Law or to Protect Rights. We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or if we believe such action is necessary to comply with legal process, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Site or App, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Enchant or others. We may disclose information about you if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, including exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Third Parties. We may share your information with our advertisers, contractors, affiliates and business partners, or our joint marketing partners for marketing purposes and for conducting general business analysis. We also may share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
We also reserve the right to transfer the personal information described in this section in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation). This information also may be disclosed to other parties with your consent or at your direction.
International Transfer and Storage of Information
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law. If you would like more information on the periods during which your personal information will be kept, please contact us using the contact details in the “How to Contact Us” section below
You may at any time ask us to stop sending you emails or other communications. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
Regarding electronic communication We may send you, you also may click the “Unsubscribe” link contained in our email communications to you or update your preferences using the App by navigating to your “Profile” settings page, then selecting “Notifications”.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards, such as encryption, pseudonymization designed to protect the personal information and other information we collect from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Our App is not intended to be downloaded by children under 13. Children under 13 who are invited to join a call by a parent are able to participate in the call via an Internet browser without signing up to create an account. We understand that it is possible a parent may permit a child to use the parent’s mobile device to enable the child to receive call using the parent’s instance of the App. Where a child is the intended recipient of a call, we have taken steps to inform parents about the types of personal information that may be obtained if they choose to place a call to their child, how we may use that information, and whether and with whom we may share the information, and have obtained the parent’s consent to these practices.
Specifically, when a parent uses the App to place a call to a child, Enchant will collect from the parent the information needed to make the call, such as information about the phone number or App account associated with the device used to receive the call or call invitation. If a parent permits a child to use the parent’s instance of the App, Enchant may obtain certain personal information from the child, including: photographs, videos or audio files containing the child’s image or voice; information about the child’s street, state, city and/or zip code; device information, including the device model, identifier, carrier, operating system versions and settings of the device used to place and receive the call; and log information, such as the time and duration of a call.
This information is used to provide a parent with certain features, such as the “Memories” feature, which would enable a parent to watch and share any screen captures and recorded video calls. In addition, we may use the screen captures and recordings to promote the App and Site. The information also may be used for internal purposes, such as operating, evaluating and improving our Site and App and performing data analytics, accounting, auditing or other internal functions.
If the child receives the call using an Internet browser, information about the child’s street, state, city and/or zip code is obtained. This information may be used for internal purposes, such as operating, evaluating and improving our Site and App and performing data analytics, accounting, auditing or other internal functions.
The information described in this Section may be shared with our service providers, advertisers, contractors, affiliates and business partners, or our joint marketing partners. The following operators may collect or receive information about the recipient of a call placed using the Site or App:
- Alison Twiner
- Selva Valluvan
- Mad Monkeys Technology & Design
- Maniak Experiencial Inc.
- Sarah Ellam
Please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below if you have questions about these operators’ privacy policies and for information about how these operators collect and use personal information.
We may disclose the information listed in this section as provided in the Information we Share section above.
Because we do not knowingly permit children under 13 to create an account, we are not able to identify your child and therefore are not able to fulfill modification, access, correction, deletion requests or requests that we stop collecting or using your child’s personal information. However, you may review your “Memories” and delete any videos or screenshots that contain photos, videos or audio of your child.
If you have any questions about this section, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
For Illinois Residents
For App users who are residents of Illinois, in accordance with Illinois state law, Enchant will retain biometric data only until the occurrence of the first of the following: (1) the initial purpose for collecting or obtaining such biometric data has been satisfied; or (2) three years following your last interaction with Enchant.
Your California Privacy Rights
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (2) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
Your Canadian Privacy Rights
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may consult the personal information that we have disclosed, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information.
Your GDPR Privacy Rights
In certain circumstances, notably if you are a resident of the European Union, the GDPR may apply. Therefore, you may be entitled to the following rights such as (i) the right to access to personal information; (ii) the right to correct personal information; (iii) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (iv) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (v) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (vi) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (vii) the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (viii) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission's page on Data Protection at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
You also have a right to make a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the country/province/state where you normally reside, where we are based or where an alleged infringement of data protection law has taken place.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that we may require that you provide appropriate identification to fulfill your request. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
Links to Non-Enchant Sites and Services
For your convenience and information, our Site and App may provide links to or plug-ins of non-Enchant websites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with Enchant. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy policies of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Enchant websites, apps or services.
How to Contact Us
Enchant Christmas Light Maze and Market Ltd.
Suite 304 - 901 3rd Street West
North Vancouver, BC Canada V7P 3P9